This week, we're excited to be hosting Lee Harrington, and stocking his new books! Scroll to Saturday, April 7th, for details on the book signing.
Thinking about supporting Wicked Grounds, and events like the following, via a Patreon pledge? Now is the ideal time to sign up, due to Patreon's "charge at the end of the month model," especially if you're considering our VIP tier!
* Monday, April 2nd: Foundations Office Hours will be from 6-6:30. If you’re interested in attending the Foundations class, Anatomy For Impact Play later in the evening, stop by to find a sponsor and learn the location of the class!
* Tuesday, April 3rd: The FemDom Salon is cancelled this month, but do check back in May for this intimate, female domination centered morning event! The Kinky Entrepreneurs Co-Working Hours will be meeting from 1-5pm to provide a space for productive work with like-minded kinksters. Come learn more about BAKBA (Bay Area Kinky Business Alliance) and get shit done! (You don’t need to be in BAKBA to participate in this event.) In the evening, the Bay Area Rope Club (BARC) will be hosting their weekly Tuesday pre-event meetup at the cafe from 6-7pm. BARC is a combination of skillshare, presentations, play-time, & social goodness, and is a great place to get started with rope, or develop pre-existing skills! After BARC, the Godless Perverts Social Club will be meeting in the back from 7-9pm. Godless Perverts is a community for LGBT, queer, kinky, poly, trans, etc. atheists that hosts a variety of interesting events, stop by and make some new friends!
* Wednesday, April 4th: Tonight is Rope Bondage Wednesday at Wicked Grounds! Join us for the DeGiotto Mini Trunk Show, hosted by the cafe from 6-10pm, and Rope Bite from 7-9pm. Interested in bondage rope, but not really sure what you’re into? Come flip through the books we stock, and feel up the rope offerings from DeGiotto at the mini trunk show! No question is too new for our kink concierges. Rope Bite is a great event for new and intermediate rope lovers who want to learn new skills and expand their rope knowledge. The munch starts out with a demonstration, and transitions into a cafe-wide rope hangout! Planning on attending Bondage-a-Go-Go: Old School BaGG tonight at Cat Club? Spend $10 or more and get a stamped receipt from your barista to get discounted entry to the club!
* Thursday, April 5th: Regardless of diagnosis or absence thereof, if you identify as neuro-divergent, then the Neuro-Divergent Kinksters Group from 4-6pm is for you. The social world is difficult to navigate, let alone the kink scene. This munch is creating a safe place to discuss how neuro-divergence can affect the way you do kink. We'll brainstorm negotiation strategies, talk communication in D/S relationships, and more!
* Friday, April 6th: Are you kinky (or interested), FAAB (female assigned at birth) and identify as a trans guy, FTM, trans boy/boi, and/or similar? Join us for the FTM Munch, tonight from 7-9pm!
* Saturday, April 7th: The SF K9 Unit Open Board Meeting will be from 12-1pm for anyone interested in the work that the SF K9 Unit, who specialize in pet play kinky education, do in the Bay Area! We have a special guest today for a unique literary launch. We are proud to welcome Lee Harrington to Wicked Grounds (& San Francisco) for a signing event for his new book Queer Magic: Power Beyond Boundaries! From 2-4, come get your copy of this fantastic text from the spiritual and kink educator, ask questions, and get it signed. Here’s a Facebook link. In the evening, as with previous months, we will be vending at the SoJ Newcomers + Everyone Party at the SF Citadel.
* Sunday, April 8th: This afternoon, the Erotic Hypnosis Peershare will be meeting from 3-5pm at the cafe, with an introduction for those new to hypnosis, erotic or otherwise, from 2-3pm. This is a discussion and workshop munch where attendees can show everybody something new about hypnosis. Teach and learn some new hypnosis concepts, discuss ethics and consent, learn and practice technique, and meet some new friends. Come with a partner, by yourself, or with a party of all of your best friends. In the evening from 6-8pm, Unity will be meeting in the back. This discussion group/munch is for kinksters, queers, alternative relationship stylers, and general scene goers to get together and find support with one another. It's not easy handling abuse alone: that's what this group is for. We will be getting together once a month to eat, talk, and help support each other in healing any way we can. This is a freely structured discussion group, after an introduction and safe space guidelines are established, you're welcome to talk to one another, pose questions or topics to the group, or just be with us. No participation is required. All that we ask is that everyone keeps an open mind.
All events are open to any Wicked Grounds customer, at any level of kink/BDSM experience. We hope you'll come out and learn more about the extremely diverse SF kink community! Low on funds, and need a safe space? Ask your barista about redeeming a support coffee (or tea, lemonade, etc.), pre-paid by another friendly member of our community.