As you can see, we're already collecting RSVPs on Facebook for this Saturday's art show opening featuring Poppers the Pony! We also have a Fetlife listing up for anyone who'd rather show their interest a little more subtly.
- Monday, February 11th: Foundations Office Hours will be meeting from 6-6:30pm. Afterwards, the Society of Janus Newcomers Only Crash Course (Fetlife, Facebook, Meetup) will be meeting in the back from 7-9pm for folks either new to kink, or new to the SF scene. New and have questions? Want an introduction to scene etiquette and local dungeon scene? Arrive promptly at 7pm to get your questions answered, and more!
- Tuesday, February 12th: The Bay Area Rope Club (BARC) (Fetlife, Meetup) will be meeting for their weekly mini-munch from 6-7pm before heading off to their main rope event; this month is geared towards folks new to rope. Afterwards, the back is reserved from 7-9pm for a Leather District Land Use Committee meeting, and Stampede (Fetlife, Meetup) will be meeting in the front room from 8-9:30pm. Stampede is a local group of pet players, and human animals and handlers of all types are welcome!
- Wednesday, February 13th: Top/bottom? How about both! The new Bay Area Switches Munch (Fetlife, Meetup), from 7-9pm, is for those of us who embrace the power of switching. Come here to spend time with fellow switches and participate in discussions around topping, bottoming and anything In between. We’ll also tackle challenges and complexity specific to being a switch. Maybe you’re still deciding if both ends of the paddle are right for you? Shy? That’s ok too. Come by, have a coffee and just listen! Heading over to Bondage-A-Go-Go: Beat My Valentine (Fetlife, Facebook) next door at Cat Club? If you spend $10 or more on food/drink at the cafe, ask your barista for a stamped receipt to get a discount at the door!
- Thursday, February 14th: From 6-7pm, Rope Burn will be meeting in the front for their pre-jam meetup before heading over to Catalyst for their monthly skillshare. The back room is reserved from 6-8pm for a private event. Slightly later in the evening, the Sex Magic Coffee Social, will be meeting in the front. This informal social is open to anyone who is interested in the intersection of magic(k) and sexuality, at all levels of experience. Reclaiming, OTO, A.'.A.'., Chaos Magickians, F(a)eri(e) traditions, BLW, Wicca, and many other traditions include sexual magick and mysteries as part of the magickal practice. All practitioners from all traditions (or none!) are welcome.
- Friday, February 15th: The First Church of the Morningstar, a loose group of perfectly nice satanists, devil worshipers, demonolators, occultists, witches, and other walkers of the left hand path, will meet to socialize, scheme, discuss magic, read each other's tarot cards, swap occult books, and more! New and curious folks are welcome, but please be respectful and keep an open mind. All participants are encouraged to bring books, tarot decks, artwork, original writing, zines, grimoires, and similar to show off and share with the group.
- Saturday, February 16th: Crafty & Kinky will be meeting in the back from 4-6pm. Stop by this casual event to work on your projects, start something new, and talk about best DIY practices for all your kinky crafting adventures. In the evening, join us in welcoming the new art show by Poppers the Pony to our walls! (Fetlife, Facebook.) The opening party will run from 6-8pm, and presents an opportunity to speak with Poppers about her process of creating colorful, vibrant, and shameless depictions of marginalized sexuality. All of the beautiful pieces on the walls are for sale, as well as zines, prints, and a very striking totebag for all the discerning sodomites out there!
- Sunday, February 17th: The SF K9 Unit will be hosting Bring Your Human Animal Night in the back from 7-9pm for all manner of human animals and the handlers. Discuss the care and training of your pet, roughhouse on the mats, and don't forget to get your milkshake in a dog bowl!