New Year, new you? Resolving to get out there and explore the community? Get started with a munch!
* Friday, December 29th: Feeling tied down by the end of 2017? Ready to greet 2018 with a smack? Stop by our booth at POP The Cork at SF Citadel for one last chance at our old rope pricing, and to browse new ways to punish those who’ll be breaking their New Year’s Resolutions in a few weeks!
* Sunday, December 31st: Our Holiday Hours for New Year's Eve are 11am-8pm. Long night of revelry planned? Stop by for caffeination and snacks before heading to the club! The Kinky Spirituality munch is cancelled this month for the holidays, but will return on the last Sunday of January.
* Monday, January 1st: Our Holiday Hours for the first day of 2018 will be 11am-10pm. Stop by to ring in the new year with a milkshake, or a festive hot cocoa if it’s too chilly!
* Tuesday, January 2nd: The Kinky Entrepreneurs Co-Working Hours will be meeting from 1-5pm to provide a space for productive work with like-minded kinksters. Come learn more about BAKBA (Bay Area Kinky Business Alliance) and network with your favorite caffeinated (or decaffeinated) beverage in hand! (You don’t need to be in BAKBA to participate in this event.) Bay Area Rope Club (BARC) will be cancelled this week for the New Year, but will be resuming next week. In the evening, the Godless Perverts will be meeting from 7-9pm for discussion and socializing. There are few places to land when you decide that you’re an atheist; far fewer if you’re also LGBT, queer, kinky, poly, trans, or are just interested in sexuality. All orientations, genders, and kinks (or lack thereof) are welcome at this event!
* Wednesday, January 3rd: Join us for our biweekly recording of the Kinky Queer Revolution Podcast from 2-4pm. Later this evening, make your first (or second) steps into rope with both Rope Bite meeting from 7-9 for a rope skillshare and hands-on learning experience, and the DeGiotto Rope Mini-Trunk Show, hosted by the cafe from 6-10pm, for all of your quality rope needs, and questions! Both Rope Bite and the trunk show are approachable from a variety of skill levels, and newbies are encouraged to stop by. If you’re heading to Bondage-A-Go-Go: Break Those Resolutions! later tonight, don't forget to ask your awesome barista for a stamped receipt. If you spend $10 or more at the cafe, you'll get discounted entry to Cat Club for the night!
* Thursday, January 4th: From 4-6pm, the Neuro-Divergent Kinksters Munch will be meeting to provide a space for those who identify as Neuro-Divergent, regardless of diagnosis, or lack thereof. The social world is difficult to navigate, let alone the kink world. Come discuss how your Neuro-Divergence affects the way you do kink, brainstorm negotiation strategies, talk communication in D/S relationships with Neuro-Divergence, and more!
* Friday, January 5th: Are you kinky (or interested), FAAB (female assigned at birth) and identify as a trans guy, FTM, trans boy/boi, and/or similar? Come hang out at the FTM Munch in the back room from 7-9pm to socialize and discuss the experiences we have in the kink community. Announcements of upcoming events or resources that are relative to us are welcome.
* Saturday, January 6th: Keep hearing about munches and wondering how exactly one get started? Come to our special Munch Leader Round-Up class/discussion for all the details on how this particular branch of our community functions! Open to current and prospective munch leaders, veterans and newbies alike! Later this evening, we’ll be vending at the SF Citadel SoJ Newcomers + Everyone party, stop by to ask questions about Wicked Grounds, munches, and the scene, and to browse rope and toys!
All events are open to any Wicked Grounds customer, at any level of kink/BDSM experience. We hope you'll come out and learn more about the extremely diverse SF kink community! Low on funds, and need a safe space? Ask your barista about redeeming a support coffee (or tea, lemonade, etc.), pre-paid by another friendly member of our community.