We have some great new events happening this week, including some brand new munches!
We also have some special hours for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, so please check those out below.
- Sunday, 12/27: Open 11am - 10pm.
- Sunday, 12/27 7pm: If you are interested in the intersection of kink and spirituality, you are encouraged to join us for the Kinky Spirituality Munchstarting at 7pm. This week's munch will focus on intentions for the new year, and is open to people of any spiritual path or practice who are integrating kink and their spiritual path.
- Monday, 12/28: Open 8am - 10pm. If you're headed back to the work world, we'll have the coffee to make that happen.
- Monday, 12/28 6-9pm: All writers are encouraged to fill up the space and bring your writing projects! This is currently an informal, self-organizing gathering, but look for a new structure in the coming year!
- Tuesday, 12/29: Open 8am - 10pm. Stressed out from the holidays? Our massage therapist will be offering chair massage from 8-10pm.
- Wednesday, 12/30: Open 8am - 11pm. Be sure to hold onto your receipts for $10 or more today if you'd like discounted admission to Bondage-a-Go-Go tonight.
- Wednesday, 12/30 8pm: Always wanted to go to Bondage-a-Go-Go but haven't really stepped out to do it? Resolve to make this your month! The pre-BaGG Munch will be meeting starting at 8pm to make sure that you can meet people in the (relatively) quiet environment of Wicked Grounds and you can head over with friends.
- Thursday, 12/31: HOLIDAY HOURS Open 8am - 9pm. Note that we will be closing early tonight so everyone can enjoy evening revelries. If you want to caffeinate before your evening play parties, come in early!
- Friday, 1/1: HOLIDAY HOURS Open 11a - 10pm. Happy New Year!
- Saturday, 1/2: Open 11am - 10pm. Resolved to learn more about BDSM/ leather/ fetish in the coming year? It's a KINK 101 Day at Wicked Grounds. Get 10% off all books and gear, and join us for three excellent classes for newcomers.
- Saturday, 1/2 1pm: Are you fairly new to the local BDSM scene, or kink in general? Join us for KINK 101 Welcome to Wicked Grounds! An SF BDSM Orientation. Our friendly local "kink concierge" will focus this class on local BDSM resources, tailored to the needs of the day's group. You'll find out all about the local BDSM shops, classes, groups, dungeons and other play spaces that make San Francisco such a treasure. You'll also learn the basics of playing well with others in the local kink community, so you get off to a great start. (Please arrive early to get food/ drink before the class starts. While a $10-$20 donation is recommended for this class, no one will be turned away for lack of funds!)
- Saturday, 1/2 3:30pm: Whether you're new to kink, or just want to improve your negotiation skills, you are encouraged to join us for a KINK 101 class on BDSM Negotiation Basics. Drawing on tools from non-violent communication, neuro-linguistic programming, and even a bit of marketing and PR, we'll learn how to negotiate as partners toward a BDSM style that is hotter, more fun, and more powerful for all partners in a dynamic. This series welcomes all genders, orientations, and dynamic styles. This workshop is designed for newcomers to BDSM, but is open to anyone who wants new tools to improve their BDSM communications. (Please arrive early to get food/ drink before the class starts. While a $10-$20 donation is recommended for this class, no one will be turned away for lack of funds!)
- Saturday, 1/2 7pm: We will close our our KINK 101 day with a special orientation to the local dungeon scene from Society of Janus -- theNewcomer Dungeon Orientation Social. Curious about going to a public play party, but feeling a little unsure about what to expect? Society of Janus’s Dungeon Etiquette & Orientation Social is here to help. We will spend an hour in the welcoming and comfy confines of Wicked Grounds, talking about some basic ideas of what to expect at a public play party. What should you wear? How to you talk to people? What are the rules, written and unwritten? How can you best set yourself up to have a good time? We'll provide you with solid expectations about what a play party is and isn’t, along with a good sense of how to act so that you are welcomed. After the hour spent talking, we’ll walk together over to SF Citadel, a public play space here in San Francisco. We’ll take you on a tour of the space and talk about where you can watch the action, how you can take part in it, and how you can socialize. Those who want to stay for the party that night will get $5 off admission, and we’ll do a bit of show and tell with some toys and continue answering any questions you might have.
- Sunday, 1/3: Open 11am - 10pm.
- Sunday, 1/3 1pm: Rubber Men of San Francisco Open Meeting.
- Sunday, 1/3 4pm: Dr. Who Perv Society.
Happy New Year to all!