This week, we'll be kissing (or kicking) 2017 goodbye. It's been a long year, and a lot has happened in and around our communities. Looking to the future might feel a little daunting right now, but no one has to go it alone. This week especially, feel free and *encouraged* to stop by the cafe, grab a support coffee (or lemonade, hot cocoa, or a few select teas) and be a little part of the Kinky, Queer Revolution, even if only for an afternoon.
Please not that some (but not all!) of our usual 4th-week-of-the-month events will be cancelled for the holidays, and be sure to check out our holiday hours!
* Sunday, December 24th: We will be open, as is our mission, to provide a safe space and homey atmosphere for the kinky, queer community every single day of the year. <3 Our Holiday Hours for today, Christmas Eve, will be 11am-7pm.
* Monday, December 25th, Christmas Day: Our Holiday Hours for Christmas will be 1-9pm. Want something to do for (or against) the holiday? Whether you need a break from festivities, a place that’s actually open to serve lattes on Christmas, or just a place where you’re guaranteed to avoid the newest celebrity rendition of O Holy Night, our impromptu, barista-hosted Krampus Munch from 2-4pm is for bah humbugs and jingle belles alike!
* Tuesday, December 26th: The grind never stops, and a very casual meetup of the Kinky Entrepreneurs Co-Working Hours will be meeting from 1-5pm for some Boxing Day productivity! Both of our usual 4th Tuesday evening events, Bay Area Rope Club (BARC) and the Self-Suspenders Munch, will be cancelled due to the holidays. BARC will pick back up the 2nd Tuesday of January, and the Self-Suspenders Munch will return the 4th Tuesday of January.
* Wednesday, December 27th: Join the Little Scouts for the last meeting of 2017 from 6-7pm to learn more about the Little Scouts, and the great work they do in our community! Stick around afterward for the Little’s Munch from 7-9pm to talk with like-minded Littles and make new friends. In the front, the Pre-Bondage-a-Go-Go Munch will be meeting from 8-9:30pm before heading over to BAGG: Wrap It Up & Tie It On!, a rope-focused event to wrap up the end of the year. And remember, if you spend $10 or more on tasty treats at the cafe, ask your barista for a stamped receipt to get reduced entry to the club!
* Thursday, December 28th: Shy- The Unsocial Social will be meeting this evening to create a space for those who identify as shy, introverted or socially anxious, especially those that also identify as kinky and/or poly. This event is open for a variety of folks who enjoy different types of interaction, and who may feel out of place at other events and munches. Some people are happy being reserved and observing, but would still like a sense of community and support. Others maybe are hoping to gain more confidence or skills to work past the anxiety. Some might just like to get out of the house and be with others who truly understand how hard it can be to interact with the world around you. All types are welcome.
* Saturday, December 30th: We will be closing early for a closed Wicked Grounds employee holiday party. Our hours for today are 11am-5pm.
* Sunday, December 31st: Our Holiday Hours for New Year's Eve are 11am-8pm. The Kinky Spirituality munch is cancelled this month for the holidays, but will return on the last Sunday of January.
* Monday, January 1st: Our Holiday Hours for the first day of 2018 will be 11am-10pm. Stop by to ring in the new year with a milkshake, or a festive hot cocoa if it’s too chilly!
All events are open to any Wicked Grounds customer, at any level of kink/BDSM experience.