The holidays are fast approaching, so check out our upcoming events to help make your kinky holiday shopping easier! From classes on how to build up an interesting collection of toys to the Fetish Flea, a multi-vendor extravaganza, we've got you covered.
And if the holidays are not for you, don't worry, you're not alone! As Christmas music quickly takes over the retail world, you can rest assured that Wicked Grounds will be playing the usual mix of barista-chosen miscellany with nary a sleigh bell in sight.
* Saturday, December 2nd: While the cafe doesn’t have any specific events this evening, we encourage folks to stop by for food and drink in a relaxed setting before heading to the SoJ Newcomers + Everyone Party at the SF Citadel, especially if you have “first time at the dungeon” butterflies. Feel free to ask the baristas your last-minute questions about dungeon etiquette, and check out the Wicked Grounds booth at the party once you’re there!
* Monday, December 4th: Foundations SF will be hosting their Office Hours from 5:30-6:30pm. Stop by to get a sponsor before attending their weekly kink education class. Foundations usually meets in the front of the cafe, and can be identified by their red Foundations shirts, or leather vests.
* Tuesday, December 5th: The Kinky Entrepreneurs Co-Working Hours will be meeting from 1-5pm to provide a space for productive work with like-minded kinksters. Come learn more about BAKBA (Bay Area Kinky Business Alliance) and network with your favorite caffeinated beverage (decaffeinated options available as well). In the evening, the Bay Area Rope Club (BARC) will be hosting their weekly Tuesday meetup from 6-7pm before heading around the corner to Catalyst for a more hands-on learning experience. In the evening, the Godless Perverts will be meeting in the back room from 7-9pm for atheist discussion and community. Stop by, say hi, and make some friends!
* Wednesday, December 6th: Join us for our biweekly recording of the Kinky Queer Revolution Podcast from 2-4pm. This week, Alice in Bondageland will be joining us, please see the event listing linked above for more about her fantastic work in both our community and on the internet! Later this evening, we’ll be focusing on one of our main loves: rope, with both Rope Bite meeting from 7-9 for a rope skillshare and hands-on learning experience, and the DeGiotto Rope Mini-Trunk Show hosted by the cafe from 6-10pm for all of your quality rope needs and questions! Both Rope Bite and the trunk show are approachable from a variety of skill levels, and newbies are encouraged to stop by. If you’re heading to Bondage-A-Go-Go later tonight, don't forget to ask your awesome barista for a stamped receipt if you spend $10 or more at the cafe. You'll get discounted entry to BAGG for the night!
* Thursday, December 7th: The social world is difficult to navigate, let alone the kink scene. The Neuro-Divergent Kinksters Group from 4-6pm is safe place to discuss how your Neuro-Divergence affects the way you do kink. We'll brainstorm negotiation strategies, talk communication in D/S relationships with Neuro-Divergence, and more. Regardless of diagnosis or absence thereof, if you identify as Neuro-Divergent this munch is for you.
* Saturday, December 9th: We will be vending at the Fetish Flea hosted by the SF Citadel from 11am-5pm, to help you get a head start on all of your kinky holiday needs. Join the Wicked Grounds booth, and many other fantastic vendors, for a unique holiday shopping experience. At the cafe, the Milk Munch will be meeting for anyone interested in erotic lactation, adult nursing relationships (ANR), adult breastfeeding (ABF), hucow play, or anything related to lactation. Join us to meet your fellow lactophiles and discuss this unique and versatile kink! Please note this munch is for socializing only. No lactation play is allowed in the cafe, per health department rules, but remember that all Milk Munch attendees get 10% off on milkshakes!
* Sunday, December 10th: Whether you're an experienced kinkster or brand new to kink, it's always fun to build out your toybag. As part of the KINK 101: Building your toybag! class, we'll include a show and tell of some of the toys from the Wicked Grounds collection. Then we'll go on a quick walking tour, including stops at Leather, Etc. and Mr. S Leather, where we'll get tour the stores and get some toy demos! A donation of $10-$30 is suggested, but no one turned away for lack of funds. All attendees will receive discounts at Wicked Grounds, Leather, Etc. and Mr. S Leather all day to make the most out of your personal or holiday shopping!
All events are open to any Wicked Grounds customer, at any level of kink/BDSM experience. We hope you'll come out and learn more about the extremely diverse SF kink community!