Check out this week’s events as the cherry on top of the proverbial “yes, we really are open!” milkshake.
* Friday, January 19th, 2018: Tonight from 7-9pm, Kitty Stryker will be hosting a reading and book signing for her anthology Ask: Building Consent Culture. Ask is a collection of short essays exploring consent culture from a variety of perspectives. Kitty says it best on her website: "’Ask: A Discussion on Consent Culture’ is an intersectional anthology... about how consent culture could influence the various spheres of our lives, from the bedroom to the boardroom and beyond. With authors like Virgie Tovar, Laurie Penny, Roz Kaveney, Jiz Lee, AV Flox, Carol Queen and more, this book from Thorntree Press promises to revolutionize how we discuss consent in society today.”
* Sunday, January 21st: the cafe will be closed TODAY ONLY for our very special Wicked Fest! Wicked Grounds Benefit Show at El Rio to help us get back on our feet and seal the deal. There will be bands (The Truants, Cardiac Dream, Polythene Pam, at the very least), there will be bootblacking by Cami, there might even be burlesque, there will definitely be Mir making rousing speeches and selling merch!
* Monday, January 22nd: Check out the Foundations Office Hours in the front room from 5:30-6:30pm to find a sponsor and get more information on the Foundations alien role play class this evening.
* Tuesday, January 16th: The Kinky Entrepreneurs Co-Working Hours will be meeting from 1-5pm to provide a space for productive work with like-minded kinksters. Come learn more about BAKBA (Bay Area Kinky Business Alliance) and network with your favorite caffeinated (or decaffeinated) beverage in hand! (You don’t need to be in BAKBA to participate in this event.) In the evening, the Bay Area Rope Club (BARC) will be hosting their weekly Tuesday meetup from 6pm to (approximately) 7:30pm. BARC is a combination of skillshare & presentations, play-time, & social goodness. They start each event with skillshare time or a specific presentation followed by time to break out the ropes to enjoy some good play time! Afterwards the Self-Suspenders Munch will be meeting from 7:30-9:30 for discussion and demos surrounding self-suspension. This munch is intended for beginners and intermediates alike (and even those that are extremely advanced). No rope skills required - maybe they can teach you your first harness or single column tie.
* Wednesday, January 17th: Come hang out and make some friends at the Littles Munch from 7-9pm, and be sure to check out the little's menu! (Bowl of whip with EXTRA SPRINKLES, anyone?) Getting all jazzed up for Bondage-A-Go-Go: Rockabilly Night this evening? Stop by and spend $10 or more at the cafe for discounted entry at the door. Be sure to ask for a stamped BAGG receipt to take advantage of this tasty deal!
* Thursday, January 18th: Tonight, Shy: The Unsocial Social will be meeting to provide a space for folks who feel out of place at louder, busier munches. This munch is a facilitated group discussion to support those who identify as shy, introverted or socially anxious, especially those that also identify as kinky and/or poly. Newbies are welcome.
* Friday, January 19th: We will be vending at the SF Citadel for Tryst, and the new, incredibly evil Tantus silicone canes will be on the menu! (Among other things.)
* Saturday, January 20th: The Clean & Sober Munch will be meeting for their monthly discussion from 6-8pm.
* Sunday, January 21st: The Kinky Spirituality Munch welcomes all spiritual and religious paths and is not based on any particular systems of practice. Each month they have a discussion on the intersection of Spirituality and Kink focusing on a particular topic, this month’s will be “vision.” What is your vision for growth and transformation? How might one use kink to tap into their vision? How might vision guide your kink?
All events are open to any Wicked Grounds customer, at any level of kink/BDSM experience. We hope you'll come out and learn more about the extremely diverse SF kink community! Low on funds, and need a safe space? Ask your barista about redeeming a support coffee (or tea, lemonade, etc.), pre-paid by another friendly member of our community.