Surprise! We’re not closing, which means it’s time for more This Week at Wicked Grounds! We appreciate how the community came together to help crowdfund our ability to continue existing via Patreon, and to act as an event space as well as a cafe, boutique, and safe space. We’re jumping right back into 2018 for your regularly-scheduled kink events!
* Saturday, January 13th, 2018: The cafe will be closed today, so come join us at the SF Citadel for the Kinky, Queer Revolution: A Celebration of Wicked Grounds, (formally retrofuturist themed), party from 8pm until 1am Sunday morning. Come celebrate the community support that everyone rallied to keep Wicked Grounds open!
* Sunday, January 14th, 2018: We will be open from 1:30-5:30pm for the Erotic Hypnosis Peershare, which convenes at 2pm for an introduction for those new to hypnosis, erotic or otherwise. The peershare itself is from 3-5pm.
* Monday, January 15th, 2018: We will be open from 4:30-9:30pm for Foundations Office Hours from 5:30-6pm, and the Poly Under 40 Coffeehouse Social from 7-10pm. Interested in the My 1st Gangbang, An Introduction to Bottoming to Three or More Tops class later tonight as SF Catalyst? Stop by Foundations to get a sponsor for the class! The Poly Under 40 Coffeehouse Social is a casual poly-centric meetup hosted by friendly folks. Poly Under 40 welcomes poly and nonmonogamous people (new, curious, or experienced) under 40 years of age, as well as the 40-and-over partners and lovers of people under 40, though the munch leaders ask that you attend on the same evening as your under-40 partner.
* Tuesday, January 16th, 2018: The Kinky Entrepreneurs Co-Working Hours will be meeting from 1-5pm to provide a space for productive work with like-minded kinksters. Come learn more about BAKBA (Bay Area Kinky Business Alliance) and network with your favorite caffeinated (or decaffeinated) beverage in hand! (You don’t need to be in BAKBA to participate in this event.) In the evening, the Bay Area Rope Club (BARC) will be hosting their weekly Tuesday meetup from 6pm to (approximately) 7:30pm. Later that evening, the Society of Janus Mentoring Social will be meeting in the back room from 7:30-9:30pm. This casual meetup is for anyone who is interested in the idea of mentoring within kinky communities, people who are looking for a mentor, or to become a mentor, and for those already in a mentoring relationship. It can even be a place for a kind of short term, collective mentoring- we welcome your questions and/or concerns about your path in kink.
* Wednesday, January 17th, 2018: This evening, from 7-10pm, the radiant Miss Alice (of AliceinBondageland) will be hosting the Crossdressing Munch for crossdressers, sissies, maids, cosplayers, trans and gender bending folks of all kinds! The focus will be on the feminine and ultra-feminine. Dominants and supporters who enjoy sissy energy also invited. Costumes are HIGHLY encouraged, and remember that the cafe is 18+, so feel free to flash your pretty panties as you change into something more comfortable! Please bear in mind that Wicked Grounds has only one bathroom. And you're going to Bondage-A-Go-Go: Gender Bender tonight at Cat Club, be sure to ask your barista for a stamped receipt of any purchase $10 or more for reduced entry!
* Friday, January 19th, 2018: Tonight, Kitty Stryker will be hosting a reading and book signing for her anthology Ask: Building Consent Culture. Ask is a collection of short essays exploring consent culture from a variety of perspectives. Kitty says it best on her website: "’Ask: A Discussion on Consent Culture’ is an intersectional anthology... about how consent culture could influence the various spheres of our lives, from the bedroom to the boardroom and beyond. With authors like Virgie Tovar, Laurie Penny, Roz Kaveney, Jiz Lee, AV Flox, Carol Queen and more, this book from Thorntree Press promises to revolutionize how we discuss consent in society today.”
* Saturday, January 20th, 2018: Crafty & Kinky, meeting from 4-6pm, is a munch for all things DIY and hand made. If you want to work on a project or you just want to rub elbows with those who are, come on down and say hi! It's always fun making things with friends, and this munch is a very casual affair.
All events are open to any Wicked Grounds customer, at any level of kink/BDSM experience. We hope you'll come out and learn more about the extremely diverse SF kink community! Low on funds, and need a safe space? Ask your barista about redeeming a support coffee (or tea, lemonade, etc.), pre-paid by another friendly member of our community.