We will be at Dark Odyssey: Surrender all weekend. Stop by our room on the vendor's floor for unique, handmade toys, our high quality rope, and books of all sorts. Have a fun con, everyone! (And please keep in mind that we will NOT be vending at any Citadel events this weekend.)
- Sunday, November 11th: This afternoon, the Erotic Hypnosis Peersharewill be meeting from 3-5pm at the cafe, with an introduction for those new to hypnosis, erotic or otherwise, from 2-3pm. This is a discussion and workshop munch where attendees can show everybody something new about hypnosis. Teach and learn some new hypnosis concepts, discuss ethics and consent, learn and practice technique, and meet some new friends. Come with a partner, by yourself, or with a party of all of your best friends. In the evening from 6-8pm, Unity will be meeting in the back. This discussion group/munch is for kinksters, queers, alternative relationship stylers, and general scene goers to get together and find support with one another. It's not easy handling abuse alone: that's what this group is for. We will be getting together once a month to eat, talk, and help support each other in healing any way we can. This is a freely structured discussion group, after an introduction and safe space guidelines are established, you're welcome to talk to one another, pose questions or topics to the group, or just be with us. No participation is required. All that we ask is that everyone keeps an open mind.
- Monday, November 12th: Foundations Office Hours will be meeting from 6-6:30pm for those interested in attending the class at Catalyst later this evening. New to the scene? Join us and fellow newcomers on the second Monday of the month for the SoJ Newcomers Crash Course (Facebook event). You can come as many times as you like while you still consider yourself new(ish) to the scene, usually up to one year. We'll answer questions and share experiences in an open respectful and casual setting.
- Tuesday, November 13th: The Bay Area Rope Club (BARC) will be meeting in the back from 6-7 for their mini-munch, before heading over to Citadel for their weekly skillshare. Stampede will be meeting in the back from TIME for those interested in pet play.
- Wednesday, November 14th: Top/bottom? How about both! Join us for the first ever Switches Munch from 7-9pm for those of us who embrace the power of switching. Come here to spend time with fellow switches and participate in discussions around topping, bottoming and anything In between. We’ll also tackle challenges and complexity specific to being a switch. The discussion topic will be the biases switches are subject to in kink communities. Afterwards, over at Cat Club, Bondage-A-Go-Go: Naughty Nurse Night starts at 9:30 to cute what ails ya! If you spend $10 or more at the cafe, ask for a stamped receipt for a discount at the door.
- Thursday, November 15th: From 6-7pm, Rope Burn will be meeting in the back for their pre-jam meetup before heading over to Catalyst for their monthly skillshare. Rope Burn is a rope event specifically for men interested in tying or being tied by men, and all male-identified, non-binary and gender non-conforming folks are welcome!
- Friday, November 16th: The Friendly Neighborhood Satanists (from First Church of the Morningstar) will be meeting from 6-8pm. The church is a group of perfectly nice satanists, devil worshipers, demonolators, occultists, witches, and other walkers of the left hand path. They'll be meeting to socialize, scheme, discuss magic, read each other's tarot cards, swap occult books, and more! New and curious folks are welcome, we only ask that you be respectful and keep an open mind. All participants are encouraged to bring books, tarot decks, artwork, original writing, zines, grimoires, and similar to show off and share with the group.
- Saturday, November 17th: Crafty & Kinky will be meeting in the back from 4-6pm. Stop by this casual event to work on your projects, start something new, and talk about best DIY practices for all your kinky art ideas.
- Sunday, November 18th: The SF K9 Unit will be hosting Bring Your Human Animal Night in the back from 7-9pm for all manner of human animals and the handlers. Discuss the care and training of your pet, roughhouse on the mats, and don't forget to get your milkshake in a dog bowl!
Low on funds, and need a safe space? Ask your barista about redeeming a support coffee, tea, lemonade, etc., pre-paid by another friendly member of our community. (And if you've the funds, please consider adding a support drink to your purchase; you never know who might need it.)