One more weekend until PRIDE! As we come up on this time, we’d like to extend our welcome to all those in our community. No matter your identity. This is a time for you. A time to be PROUD of who you are. There is no one who is quite like you, and you should be able to be happy with who and what you are. So to everyone: the asexuals, the non-binaries, the kinky, the queer, the bisexual, the intersex, the gay, the transgender, the lesbian, the genderfluid, and EVERYONE else in our community. We are SO PROUD of you, and SO PROUD of the community that welcomes all of you to be you. Our doors are open to you, and at this time of year we express it, loud and PROUD, but we are PROUD 135+ days a year. And you should be too, for no matter how you identify, you are the only you.
- Friday, June 16: Are you kinky (or interested), MAAB (male assigned at birth) and identify as a trans female, M2F, trans girl, and/or similar? Then you should come to the M2F Munch, from 11am-1pm. Wicked Grounds will also be out at The SF Citadel for the Mystique, Female Dominant Kink play party.
- Saturday, June 17: Do you enjoy arts and crafts? I know, who doesn’t? Then you should come out to Crafty and Kinky, from 3-5pm. This weekend is about Rubber Floggers!
- Sunday, June 18: The monthly Human Animal Night will be happening from 7-9pm. This is a time for human animals and their handlers to come for some fun socializing and to romp around in a fun and safe environment.
- Monday, June 19: New to the kink and BDSM community, and looking to meet others and learn more? Then the Foundations group may be perfect for you. They are a great resource, and give 101 classes. However, you need a sponsor for all Foundations group classes, which is why the Foundations Office Hours will be at Wicked Grounds from 5:30-6:30pm to talk with you, and give you a breakdown of everything they do. Are you Polyamorous? Curious about what it means to be poly? Maybe you’re just starting to explore the world of Poly and want to talk with others like yourself? The Poly Under 40 Coffeehouse Munch will be happening from 7-10pm. This isn’t a huge class, but more of a social group to just get together and meet with likeminded individuals.
- Tuesday, June 20: Are you an entrepreneur or small business owner in the kink community? Would you like to swap notes with other kinky businessfolk, build community, and perhaps even (oh my) network? Then you should join in on the Kinky Entrepreneurs Munch from 11am-1pm. This months focus is on surviving Folsom! Are you a Rope Enthusiast? Planning on going to Bay Area Rope Club (BARC) Rope Night? Stop by Wicked Grounds from 6-7pm for the Pre-meet Munch for some coffee and socializing before the event at Alchemy. From 7:30-9:30 is the SoJ Mentoring Social the Society of Janus is meeting for a fun, inclusive atmosphere for anyone interested in their Mentoring Program. Connect, ask questions, offer guidance, etc.
- Wednesday, June 21: We’ll be open until 11pm today. Been to burning man? Want to go? Do you want to meet with other kinky burners like yourself? Then come to the new Burner Munch from 6:30-7:30. This is great to just socialize and meet some like minded people. Do you crossdress or are a dominant or supporter who enjoys the company of crossdressing persons? Crossdressing Club (Sissy Night) will be meeting from 7-10pm. This night is focused on the feminine and ultra-feminine, so the term sissy is to denote ruffles and extravagance, not humiliation. Remember to hold onto your receipt of $10 or more to get discount admission into Bondage-a-Go-Go.
- Thursday, June 22: The monthly Shy: The Unsocial Social will be meeting from 7:30-9:30pm. This munch is a community and gathering for those with social anxiety or shyness to support one another. Especially those who identify as kinky and/or poly.
- Friday, June 23: Are you attending the Trans March? Want to meet up somewhere you can be out and proud, while getting refreshed from the long walk? The 3rd annual TRANSFABULOUS, the “unofficial” sober Trans March after party will be happening at Wicked Grounds from 7pm to closing at 10pm. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Saturday, June 24: PRIDE! One of our biggest weekends of the year gets started off! Wicked Grounds will be open for your tasty drink and food needs, and we will also have our Wicked Grounds Booth onsite. Saturday we will also have from 6-8pm the monthly Clean and Sober Munch for the Sober in Leather group.
- Sunday, June 25: On Sunday we will be right near Leather Alley, which is a great place to enjoy the kinkier side of Pride! At the café if you’re interested in spirituality, and possibly how that ties into your kink, or lifestyle, or are curious in how it could, then the Kinky Spirituality Munch is a perfect fit. The munch will be from 7-9pm. We will also be closing an hour early at 9pm today.
- Monday, June 26: We will be open from 8am-10pm, with a calm vibe for the day. It’s a great time to come relax after the long weekend. We like to call this the Post-Pride Decompression. Great for people visiting, or just trying to get the motivation to go back to their everyday lives. We’re here for you! Also, for those new to the kink and BDSM community, and looking to meet others and learn more. The Foundations group may be perfect for you. They are a great resource, and give 101 classes. However, you need a sponsor for all Foundations group classes, which is why the Foundations Office Hours will be at Wicked Grounds from 5:30-6:30pm to talk with you, and give you a breakdown of everything they do.