It’s been a long weekend. We appreciate all those who have been protesting and supporting the protestors from wherever they are. We have been blessed with being a place that many have been able to come together before, during, and after. We will continue to be here for these times, and more as we face the coming years.
For all those who need a safe place to come, we are here. For those who wish to be with like minded people and friends, we are here. For those who simply wish to sit alone in a space that feels warm and inviting, we are here. For those who need a space to not be judged, we are here. For those who need a family, we are here.
Here is the list of events for the upcoming week.
- Sunday, January 22: From 4-6pm is the Cuddle Munch and Workshop. This is a safe place to explore connection and physical touch through gentle, non-sexual, intimacy. You will be guided through a series of group exercises in a safe and comfortable environment.
- Monday, January 23: Interested in Queer Sphere? Not sure what it is? Do you enjoy hanging out with Queer Kinky people in a fun social setting? Then come to the Queer Sphere Munch from 6-8pm. This munch is good for all those interested in finding a group of open queer and kinky friends.
- Tuesday, January 24: Are you a Rope Enthusiast? Planning on going to Bay Area Rope Club (BARC) Rope Night? Stop by Wicked Grounds from 6-7pm for the Pre-meet Munch for some coffee and socializing before the event at Alchemy. Do you enjoy playing games (board, card, etc) while dressed up in your kink gear? Or does that sound like your new favorite activity? Then come on down to Game Gear from 7:30-9:30pm, Wicked Ground’s munch for game and kink gear enthusiasts alike. Dressing up is encouraged, but not required. Also, from 7:30-9:30pm is the Self-Suspenders Munch in the back of the cafe. This munch is intended for beginners and intermediates alike (and even those that are extremely advanced). No rope skills required - maybe we can teach you your first harness or single column tie!
- Wednesday, January 25: This Wednesday is The San Francisco Littles Munch from 6-9pm, and is open to anyone who's into or curious about consensual age play between adults. So whether you identify as a big, a little, a switch, or if you're still exploring, or just looking to have fun, play, and meet like people, then this might be the munch for you! Planning on attending Bondage-A-Go-Go(BAGG)[https://fetlife.com/events/519922]? Never been before? Or have you gone and felt a bit overwhelmed? Or maybe you just want to socialize before heading to the club? Then stop by from 8-10pm for the Pre-BAGG Munch where you can meet some new comers or some long time goers in a relaxing environment before the night gets heated up around the corner. Remember to hold onto your receipt of more than $10 to get a discount at the door.
- Thursday, January 26: The monthly Shy: The Unsocial Social will be meeting from 7:30-9:30pm. This munch is a community and gathering for those with social anxiety or shyness to support one another. Especially those who identify as kinky and/or poly.
- Friday, January 27: New to the kink and BDSM community, and looking to meet others and learn more? Then the Foundations Munch, from 7-9pm, is perfect for you. Foundations is a BDSM 101 education group that usually puts on a small demo class. Also, from 7-9pm will be a special Little Scouts Badge Work Day where littles can come work on getting new badges, or just have fun!
- Saturday, January 28: This weekend, our very own Mir will be doing a series of three classes, each with it’s own theme to help introduce you to the local kink scene. First is: KINK 101: Welcome to Wicked Grounds from 1-3pm. Second is: KINK 101: BDSM Negotiation Basics from 3:30-5:30pm.
- Sunday, January 29: Third class of the KINK 101 series: KINK 101: Dating While Kinky from 3:30-5:30pm. Then later that night, if you’re in the scene, and also interested in spirituality, and possibly how that ties into your kink, or lifestyle, then the Kinky Spirituality Munch will be great for you. This munches theme is on Sacred Service, and will be from 7-9pm.