It’s Gonna Be May! (*Cue N’Sync Music) We hope you’re having a wonderful Spring! Here at Wicked Grounds we have finally kicked off our event season, first with the Fetish Flea, then with the International Ms. Leather Competition! If you didn’t hear, the new International Ms. Leather is from Oakland! We are so stoked to have someone in the local area representing the international community! Though we would also like to thank and know that we appreciated all those who participated. Though we do need to give a special shout out to Thomas, who we sponsored for the event, and though didn’t win, we are very proud of!
- Friday, April 28: New to the kink and BDSM community, and looking to meet others and learn more? Then the Foundations Munch, from 7-9pm, is perfect for you. Foundations is a BDSM 101 education group that usually puts on a small demo class.
- Saturday, April 29: We won’t be having any munches at the café today, but we will be on the road again at the play party, CRAVE, an all inclusive women’s party.
- Sunday, April 30: If you’re interested in spirituality, and possibly how that ties into your kink, or lifestyle, or are curious in how it could, then the Kinky Spirituality Munch is a perfect fit. The munch will be from 7-9pm.
- Monday, May 1: New to the kink and BDSM community, and looking to meet others and learn more? Then the Foundations group may be perfect for you. They are a great resource, and give 101 classes. However, you need a sponsor for all Foundations group classes, which is why the Foundations Office Hours will be at Wicked Grounds from 5:30-6:30pm to talk with you, and give you a breakdown of everything they do. From 6:30-8:30pm will be the Curious Kinksters Munch, which is a “show and tell” type munch, for people to bring and show off their toys. This munch is great for newbies and experienced players alike to bring their curiosity and have fun.
- Tuesday, May 2: Are you a Rope Enthusiast? Planning on going to Bay Area Rope Club (BARC) Rope Night? Stop by Wicked Grounds from 6-7pm for the Pre-meet Munch for some coffee and socializing before the event at the Catalyst. Also from 7-9pm is the Godless Perverts Social Club. This is a munch for socializing with other atheists who are also in the kink, queer, BDSM, etc. community.
- Wednesday, May 3: Are you just getting into rope? Have you been tying knots on your partner(s) for years? Or maybe you just suspend yourself? Ever wonder what type of rope is best for what you want? Then come to the DeGiotto Rope Mini Trunk Show from 6-10pm. Your resident rope-sperts will be there to answer questions and help you find the rope you’re looking for. During that time, our monthly Rope Bite munch will be in the back from 7-9pm, to help people enjoy their new rope to the fullest. Learn new knots and ties from experts, or find a consenting partner to just practice with. It’s just a time to enjoy the art of rope bondage. Also, remember to keep your receipt for $10 or more to get a discount at Bondage A Go-Go at Cat Club around the corner.
- Thursday, May 4: From 7-8pm is the monthly Little Scouts Meeting. This is where the Little Scouts and other age-players plan their coming month’s events.
- Friday, May 5: Are you kinky (or interested), FAAB (female assigned at birth) and identify as a trans guy, FTM, trans boy/boi, and/or similar? Then you should come to the FTM Munch munch, now every first Friday of the month, from 7-9pm. Wicked Grounds will be on the road this weekend at Wild Things! This is a party for pet players, furries, and those that love them!
- Saturday, May 6: In a Total Power Exchange relationship? Interested in one? Then come to the Total Power Exchange Brunch Munch from 11:30am-1:30pm. The purpose of the Total Power Exchange Munch is to offer support, information and community for those in power/authority lifestyle dynamics of all sorts. Do you enjoy playing tabletop games? Board, Card, etc. Ever notice how there isn’t much in the way of being able to play test new ones. Well now at Wicked Grounds, from 6:30-9:30pm ever first Saturday, the Cardboard Crucible Playtesting Munch will be happening so you can come try out new games in a fun and open environment! Wicked Grounds will also be on the road at the Newcomers and Everyone Else Party at the SF Citadel hosted by Society of Janus.
- Sunday, May 7: Ever hear, “Ladies and Gentleman” and think, where do I fit in? Well, then the Kinky Non-Binary Social should be perfect for you! Meeting from 2-4pm, this is a brand new social group to come relax, talk, ask questions, get support, and have a fun time with other people who understand that complicated gender identity, and how sometimes, you just don’t quite fit into a simple identity.