We will be open on Thanksgiving day to create a cozy place for all of our community. Whether you're sitting this one out, or just need a place to come and swap "drunk uncle" stories after family time, we'll be here for you.
We also have two weekends full of Kink 101 classes coming up! See below for many enticing reasons to come see us this month.
- Friday, Nov. 20: Headed to Transmission at the SF Citadel? Come by to get fueled up and hang out with other trans and genderqueer folks beforehand!
- Saturday, Nov. 21: 3-5:30pm: Open Mic with Lady Zeitgeist.
- Sunday, Nov. 22: KINK 101 Education Day at Wicked Grounds! In addition to the classes below, come in any time today to get 15% off all our kink education books. (Or smut. We won't judge.)
- Sunday, Nov. 22 11:15am: KINK 101: Welcome to Wicked Grounds!. Brand new to kink, or to the San Francisco kink scene? Want to learn more about local BDSM play and education? Or perhaps you just want to know what the heck happens at a kink cafe. Join us for this quick orientation to the local kink scene and San Francisco’s very own kink café. This session is perfect for folks who are making their first brave steps into the San Francisco kink scene.
- Sunday, Nov. 22 1:30pm: KINK 101: BDSM Negotiation Basics. Join us for a Kink 101 session on how to negotiate for exactly what you want in BDSM scene and relationships. Drawing on tools from non-violent communication, neuro-linguistic programming, and even a bit of marketing and PR, we'll learn how to negotiate as partners toward a BDSM style that is hotter, more fun, and more powerful for all partners in a dynamic.
- Sunday, Nov. 22 4-6pm: Cuddle Munch. The Cuddle Munch is a safe space to explore connection and physical touch through gentle, non-sexual, intimacy. We will do this through a series of group exercises that may include holding eye contact, holding hands, allowing others into our personal bubble, and more. All exercises are at your choice and boundaries will be strictly respected. So no matter if you are already comfortable with giving and receiving touch or you are a bit nervous, we will do our best to make you feel safe and included.
- Monday, Nov. 23 5:30-6:30pm: Foundations Office Hours. Interested in attending New Foundations class: Take My Kink . . . Please! by Cadet Dave M., but don't yet have a Foundations sponsor? No problem! Just swing by Wicked Grounds before 6:30 to meet with Foundations officers and get sponsored for the class.
- Monday, Nov. 23 6-9pm: Writer's Munch! If you're working on a NaNoWriMo project, swing by Wicked Grounds to hit the keyboard with other writers. (Front Room)
- Tuesday, Nov. 24 7:30-9:30pm: Rubber Men of San Francisco Game Gear. Want to hang out with other guys somewhere that's not a bar? Want to play board games in public while decked out in full leather or rubber gear? This is your night!
- Wednesday, Nov. 25 6-9pm: San Francisco Littles Munch. This is an interesting time of the year. For some, it's exciting because it's right before they get to hang out with family over tons of great food. For others, not so much. Well, whether you're looking for another excuse to celebrate or sometching fun to go to instead of a family gathering we here at the SF Littles Munch are more than happy to have you!
- Wednesday, Nov. 25 8-10pm: Pre-Bondage-a-Go-Go Munch. Want to head out to Bondage-a-Go-Go fora night of pre-Thanksgiving debauchery? Come to Wicked Grounds to get warmed up and hang out with other BaGG goers! Be sure to hold onto your receipt for $10 or more at Wicked Grounds to get discounted admission to BaGG.
- Thursday, Nov. 26: Thanksgiving Day! We will be open from 11am-7pm to [Give Thanks for Community] and make sure everyone has a safe place to land for the day. Whether you are opting out of Thanksgiving this year, or just need a place to vent after a day with family, we are here for you!
- Friday, Nov. 27 7-9pm: Foundations Munch. On the last Friday of every month Foundations, a pansexual BDSM 101 kink education group, sits down at Wicked Grounds to provide the opportunity for our larger community to get to know us! We have various demos, like mini classes, to give you a taste of what you will experience should you decide to join us. The demo class usually starts a little after 7 pm so join us then or you'll miss out!
- Saturday, Nov. 28 all day: Small (Leather) Business Saturday at Wicked Grounds. This Small Business Saturday, we want to encourage you to support the businesses in SOMA's historical leather district. We will have some great specials on gifts for all the kinksters on your list. But don't just check us out! Mr. S and Leather Etc. are both just a short walk from Wicked Grounds. Show us a receipt from Mr. S or Leather, Etc. for $15 or more and get 10% off your entire food and beverage order. Buy toys, books or gear from Wicked Grounds for $15 or more and get 20% off your food and drink order. Thank you for keeping the leather district thriving!
- Saturday, Nov. 28 6-10pm: November Apocalyptic Wicked Games. Come play games with deviant strangers and brand new friends. This month, on top of the broad library of games in the cafe, we will be featuring one of our communities prototype games for play testing: Cannibal Boyscout Jamboree (A coming age story about post apocalyptic boy and girl scouts) If I can find all the parts and remember the rules.
- Sunday, Nov. 28 1-3pm: Kink 101: Dating While Kinky. In this Kink 101 session, we'll talk about a variety of strategies for navigating the dating world as a kinkster, including: Dating resources in the kink community, Online dating sites/ apps that work for kinksters, and a lot that don't . . ., How to navigate those first few crucial dates, Red flags and green lights to watch for, Basic negotiations and Choosing Mx. Right Now, and Mx. Right.
- Sunday, Nov. 29 7-9:30pm: Kinky Spirituality Munch. This month's KINKY SPIRITUALITY MUNCH theme is: The Magick of Gratitude and D/s.
- Monday, Nov. 30 7-9pm: I Don't Give a Damn About My Bad Education: How to Teach a Class. Are you new to teaching? Have you been asked to teach a class or give a talk about a topic you have some expertise in? Do you remember those terribly boring classes you took in school, and want to avoid teaching one of them? Are you a seasoned pro on the teaching circuit, but are looking for tips on how to spice up your repertoire, get a refresher on solid techniques for information retention and maintaining class focus? Join us for this informal class! Topics will include class engagement, information retention, course building, the class as improvisational or stand-up comedy: humor as a teaching tool, the class as a magic trick: misdirection and refocussing through exercises, and common teaching pitfalls (ego and hubris, when techniques fail, how to deal with "problem students" or hecklers). Suggested donation $5-$10